is the theme of the first IUFRO-FORNESSA Regional Congress, which features the following six sub-themes:
1 - Forests and Climate Change
2 - Forests and Water
3 - Forest Policy, Governance and Trade
4 - Forest Biodiversity and Conservation
5 - Agro-forestry, Energy and Food Security
6 - Education, Training and Institutional Capacity Building
- Poster size should be A1 size (594mm x 841mm, 23.39 in x 33.11 in) and orientation should be portrait
- Title, authors’ names and affiliations should be stated at the top of the poster. Please also state contact information (email or postal address) on the poster.
- Select a font size that is readable from at least 1 meter (e.g., title: 60pts, body and headings: 30 pts) Minimum font size should be no smaller than 18pts.
- Use graphics instead of text when feasible, and avoid large blocks of text.
- Minimum resolution required for pictures and photos is about 300dpi, or 3MB.
Posters maybe in English or French although English is strongly preferred.
- Introduction: A brief statement of purpose of study
- Methods: A list or flow chart
- Results: Tables, Figures, or graphs accompanied by a simple statement
- Discussion: A list or summary paragraph or conclusions
- References: Include no more than two or three
- Print your poster on a standard sheet of paper
- Consider your target audiences and simplify your message for those who do not have much knowledge about your field of research
- Have one clear message and do not try to communicate every detail
- You are responsible for obtaining permission for using any materials including photo’s and figures protected by copyrights
Oral presentations will be 15 minutes with additional 5 minutes for discussion. Preferably, presentations should be in powerpoint and follow the following format : -
- Research Objectives
- Key results or findings
Presentations should follow the content of the accepted abstract as closely as possible as participants might have read the abstract in advance.
Full papers are not required. However, Session organisers are encouraged to arrange for publication of papers.